After twelve years in the field, I keep furthering my studies in order to introduce new ideas into my work and because I enjoy the learning process and what I do so very much.
- I recently had the opportunity to study Myofascial Release (MFR) with John Barnes in Chicago and it added an invaluable piece to my work. By eliminating the ground substance that holds distorted fascial patterns, MFR allows for lasting change in the body.
Some of the other classes are:
- Lymphatic Drainage I, II and III. Really incredible work!
- Qigong in Costa Rica with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit from Malaysia
- Tuina at the Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Beijing, China
- A professional level Maya Abdominal Massage (MAM) workshop in Belize and the annual MAM convention in Mexico.
- CranioSacral I and II, Somatic Emotional Release I and II, Visceral Manipulation, and Pediatric CranioSacral.
- Workshops for the release of shoulders, hips, arms and neck.
- Craniosacral Therapy Around Death and Dying with Don Ash.
- and a workshop on the frontal lobe, which was very exciting to put together with the Craniosacral work.
All of this has been incredibly powerful work. I love combining the different modalities to fit the needs of my clients.
As always, I am continuing to learn from my clients and colleagues about the marvels of the body's regenerative powers and how best to listen to what the body has to say.
Stay well and healthy.
Each session is tailored to the individual, whether it is a relaxing massage after a long day, deeper muscle work or energy work.
Some of the problems this work can help with are:
Chronic Neck and Back Pain,
Stress and Tension-Related Problems,
Kriya is a flowing kind of massage that the other types of work build upon. These other modalities are Lymphatic Drainage, Myofascial Release, Maya Abdominal Massage, 3D Massage, Reiki, CranioSacral, and Chakra Balancing.
Please call or email me with any questions.
Professional Associations / Memberships
Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and Medallion Member International Association Of Healthcare Practitioners - Platinum